


Every morning before work, I walk my two dogs around a loop of 2.75 miles. Since I walk early in the morning, it is dark except for about 2 months of the year. It is lonely and dark, especially when it is foggy as it is in September. I usually cannot see anything but a couple of street lights.
Today, I went around the loop (River Road, Airport, Patch) in the morning cloudlight. I took some pictures. I have some favorite views and not so favorite views among the groupings. Today, I am just displaying 3 of the pictures that are nice to look at. It is too bad the farm is no longer a dairy farm. The pictures I have of this farm 20 years ago are much better as there were cows and the pasture was not overgrown. The barn was painted. Dairy farms have not fared well in zipcode 13901.
In the Adirondacks, the local people blame the tourists for trash and defacement. The tourists throw the garbage out along the roadsides. The tourists use spray paint to mark their names on the rocks. The tourists leave bags of trash along country roads.
My walking route must be popular with these Adirondack tourists, too. I have some other pictures of "the loop" that are not so nice. I might put them on this site another day.

No comments:
Post a Comment